* Describe your field experience: sample type collected, sampling techniques, field measurements taken and equipment used.
* Please describe your experience with analytical chemistry Do you have experience with organic extractions and/or sediment or tissue digestions?
* Do you know what trace metal clean technique is? Please describe.
* Please describe your experience with and/or knowledge of Quality Assurance and Quality Control Analyses.
* Describe your experience with analytical instrumentation.
* Have you developed or assisted with the development of lab or sampling procedures? Please describe briefly.
* Describe your computer applications experience, specifically with regards to word processing, text editing, e-mail and data management with the use of spreadsheets and databases. What programs have you used and in what capacity?
* Have you had a job where you had to meet strict deadlines? What percentage of those deadlines were you able to meet? What were the contributing factors in them not being met?
* What do you consider when organizing your work?
* Describe a past situation in which you worked as a member of a team? What was your role in the team?
* With respect to your interpersonal skills, describe the nature and frequency of interactions in your previous positions and with whom you interacted.
* How would you solve any personal conflicts with co-workers?
* Our analyses are subject to a great deal of scrutiny by regulators, discharges, and special interest groups. Some of our data have been subpoenaed and used in court cases. Our data are also published in scientific journals. Therefore, it is very important to us that all aspects of the analyses are carefully and extensively documented such that the data will withstand external review. This requires a great deal of care and attention to details. Have you been involved in any work similar to this or are there any skills that show your abilities to work in this field?
* Our work involves going on two cruises in San Francisco Bay each year. Each cruise is for approximately two weeks, typically leaving Santa Cruz on Sunday evening and returning to Santa Cruz on the following Thursday evening for the weekend, the going back for three more days the next Sunday. Workdays on the boat during the sampling trip start very early in the morning and are typically 10 to 12 hours. The evenings are spent in motels with two individuals per room. There is heavy equipment that needs to be carried to and from the boat. Sometimes the weather conditions and ocean conditions are rough. Also, space on the boat is limited. Do any of these working conditions represent a problem to you?
* We've gone over the essential functions and expectations for this position, with or without employment accommodation; do you perceive of any difficulties meeting these expectations? (I.e., Can you maneuver objects weighing 40-lbs. from the dock to the boat? Can you use hand tools to make simple repairs/adjustments to the equipment?
* Describe your previous job experience relevant to this position
* Describe experience with the following techniques:
RNA isolation and measurements
running radioimmunoassays and radioreceptor assays
fixing, embedding and sectioning tissue samples for regular histology and
* Describe experience handling laboratory rats and mice:
assisting with surgical procedures
* This job requires working with radioisotopes and carcinogens. Please describe your experience working with these, and the methods used for safe handling. Does working with these present any difficulties for you?
* Much of this work is done independently in a room away from the main lab and you would be working alone for several hours. Can you give an example of working in this type of environment and whether or not this would present any difficulties?
* Give an example or two of the types of repetitive tasks you've had to perform, how often you performed them and how you ensured a high level of accuracy while doing repetitive tasks.
* Describe the level of supervision you've received in the past and the type of work you did independently.
* Can you describe a situation you've encountered in dealing with conflict in the work place? How did you handle the conflict?
* Can you give an example of a change in procedures, or priorities you had to make?
* Please describe your experience with lab notes, how accurate they needed to be and wheat the ramifications were if not accurate.
* The lab has approximately a dozen people working on different research projects. Frequently equipment usage needs to be coordinated with other lab members. Can you give an example of working as a team member in a large group?
- boost your career
- career achievement
- Dangers of office romance
- dating at the office
- digital camera
- dry mouth
- earning potentials
- Ebay or Craigslist
- Flip Websites
- freelance work
- Get a job
- Google Adsense
- heart palpitations
- job interview
- Major Cities
- Odd Jobs
- office policy
- office relationships
- Office romance
- part time work
- Personal Trainer
- POST CODE
- Professional Association
- Salary negotiation
- Sell stock online
- sexual harassment
- Sporting Events
- State capital
- sweaty palms
- University Students
- work force
- Write Online